You're Invited: Bon Voyage, Rickshaw Girl!

I'm glad you stopped by. Please stay a while, find out more about my writing, or check out some other great sites in the "places to go" list of links in the sidebar. I'm madly revising book two of the First Daughter series, but I'll be back out on the fire escape to celebrate the launch of Rickshaw Girl on 2/1/07.

In the meantime, you're welcome to download a classroom discussion guide, an excerpt, and a Q&A about why I wrote Rickshaw Girl, as well as read a bunch of reviews. Also, if you're near Boston, Massachusetts or in the San Francisco Bay Area, you're cordially invited to one of my book launch events:
Saturday, February 3rd at 3 p.m. at Wellesley Booksmith, 82 Central Street, Wellesley, Ma (781) 431-1160.

Saturday, February 10th at 10:00 a.m. at Towne Center Books, 555 Main St., Pleasanton, Ca (925) 846-8826.

Sunday, February 11th at 4 p.m. at Cody's Books, 1730 4th St., Berkeley, Ca (510) 559-9500.
I’ll be reading from and signing copies of Rickshaw Girl at all three events. As a California-added bonus, my mother, Madhusree Bose, will be joining me for alpana drawing demonstrations. And in Wellesley, Charlesbridge is serving up chai and samosas, and you might get to draw your own alpanas with sidewalk chalk.